Saturday, January 19, 2008

Swedish Coffee Bread

This was my first attempt at Cardamom (or Pulla) bread. My mom usually makes it for Easter and Christmas. I love the smell and taste of cardamom. I was VERY intimidated by this bread. It always comes out amazing when my mom makes it and I was afraid I would screw it up big time. I did not do so well on the braiding part of the bread making. The taste more then made up for it though. If I do say so myself I make some pretty darn good cardamom bread. My mom and grandma would be proud. Of course they could not taste it since we all live in different states. Josh was thrilled with it, he said it tasted like the cardamom bread his grandmother used to make. A very high compliment indeed :-). So here are some pictures of the finished bread:





No comments: