Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday dinner 1/20/2008

Okay so i should work on the titles of my blogs. For dinner this Sunday we had ham, chard, butternut squash and corn. I was aiming for a colorful, well rounded plate. I think I accomplished it. The only thing is, and I don't say this to sound cocky, but the ham I made was better then this one. This time around the ham was fully cooked and spiral sliced out of the package, so all I had to do was warm it up. If at all possible, whenever making ham in the future I will try to get an uncooked ham. So here are pics:

Here is the red chard all ready to go into the pan. I had never had chard before, so this was a new experience. I chose to sautee it in olive oil and crushed garlic. It came out well, but it is a bitter tasting green.



Here it is all done:



I also made butternut squash for the first time (yeah I was feeling adventurous with my cooking today). It came out really well. I boiled it and the melted in some butter and brown sugar:



Finally the finished plate:



Desert will be cake since tomorrow is Josh's birthday. I have become enchanted with the idea of Sunday dinners. They were not something that my family really did. We had a day during the week where we would go over to my grandparents house and have dinner though, usually fajitas and Dove bars. I loved those dinners. So Sunday dinners are starting to become a every week thing this winter. Josh says he looks forward to them because they are always so good. I look forward to it because I get to cook all day. I know some people would think that it is insane that I think that much time in the kitchen is fun, but at the moment it releases stress and makes me happy.

No comments: